- 10 Ways We Save Money at the Mall – Fashion mavens need not be money moguls to pocket plenty of savings while browsing at the mall. A few simple pointers can lead to bargain bonuses for smart shoppers. These 10 frugal tips can considerably cut costs, especially for fashions and accessories.
- 12 Tips for Shopping at Farmers' Markets – Fresh-air shopping may boast the freshest organic produce, beautiful blooms, juiciest jams and other farm offerings. Are farmers' markets the best deals for smart shoppers? Here are a dozen practical pointers for picking up bargains and great buys.
- 30 Tips for a Great Garage Sale – Garage sales are big business in residential areas, particularly in warm weather. What are the secrets to successful garage sales? Here are 30 tips for super yard sales.
- 6 Ways not to hold a successful close-out sale – "Wasted time is no bargain! I want those two hours back!"
- Perturbia in Suburbia - a Poetic Roar on the Folks Next Door – Poem about neighborhood nightmares, in broad daylight: "Stepping out to grab the mail, I caught some sights that made me wail. And yet, I lived to tell the tale, Although my home is now for sale."
- Thrifty Shoppers - What's the Difference Between a Resale Store and a Consignment Shop? – Everyone loves a bargain! Even celebrities are flocking to consignment and thrift shops for vintage values. How can you tell if a consignment shop or resale store are for you?
The Woes of Just-So's
Attention, shoppers! Sometimes simply settling can be unsettling indeed.
The Woes of Just-So’s
Why do we settle for things that are cheap –
For mystery burgers and panties that creep,
For cars that don’t last and for colors that weep?
We purchase the worst, buying junk that won’t keep.
The trouble has nothing to do with the tag.
The price, ever dear, give us no room to brag.
To pay, we must all be halfway in the bag,
As quality flees, making shopping a drag.
The whiz-bang computer has gone on the fritz.
A hot, spiffy gadget is giving us fits.
But let’s hit those sales with a fresh buyers’ blitz.
C’mon now, perhaps we have all lost our wits.
We’ll pull out our plastic and frown at the bill.
We may hem and haw, as we fill up the till,
But come back next week to revisit the thrill
Of purchasing junk to send on to Goodwill.
The latest in blue jeans boast pre-shredded holes.
And yet, savvy marketers hold the controls.
How can we not notice for whom the bell tolls?
c2012 by Linda Ann Nickerson
Shoppers by CoolCaesar
Creative Commons Licensing
Wikipedia Commons Photos:
Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.