Tuesday

A Fine Wine




"N" is for . . . Nickers and Ink

The Finest Wine –
Rhyming Toasts for the Lord of Hosts

“Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!”

I’m tempted not much to imbibe,
Although it’s not a diatribe.
The fire water makes me reel,
And I don’t like the way I feel.

For motion sickness, standing still,
Is guaranteed, if I should swill.
A pounding head will follow next,
A necessary aftertext.

And yet, sometimes, the fruit of vine
Can be delightful, as we dine.
A little sip of something light
Accompanies a tasty bite.

The sweetest wine of all the years
Was mingled with the Savior’s tears.
He poured it out in love to save,
Before He overcame the grave.

Now He awaits the great command,
A chalice in His nail-scarred hand.
His bride prepares to meet her love,
When trumpet calls from up above.

No palate ever tasted such,
As granted by the Master’s touch.
He’ll offer vintage without cease,
And we will toast the Prince of Peace.
c2008 by Linda Ann Nickerson


The Damsel of the Sanct Grael, by Dante Gabriel Rossetti (1874)
Posted for:

ABC Wednesday (N is for …) 
Simply Snickers (“tempted,” “toast” and “trust”)


Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.


8 comments:

  1. Well of course N would be for NICKERS and Ink.
    NOW isn't that NICE.

    Bear((( )))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful poem. I feel the same about the fruit of the vine. I enjoy your spirit and your work. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo... love poetry!!!

    I found your blog on LWG blogroll and wanted to stop in... off to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful poem celebrating our fellowship with Christ!

    ReplyDelete