Monday

Plum Tuckered


Plum Tuckered

I’m tired.

Despite the ever-growing to-do list, I am tired. Although I am looking forward to plenty of wonderful opportunities in the coming days, I am tired.

Still, I love these lines from Robert Frost’s famous poem, “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening”:

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Recently, I wrote an article for my “Poetry Pointers” series on Associated Content, titled “How to Write a Cinquain Poem.” (Click the title – or the link below – to read the entire article.)

Here’s an example I composed for the occasion:

Fatique

Fatigue -
Dragging downwards,
Calling wakeful away
Beyond being, making mortals
Fizzled.

c2010 by Linda Ann Nickerson

Have you ever written a cinquain poem? Why not try one? Leave your cinquain poem as a comment (below), or post a link  to your cinquain entry at your own blog or site.


Poetry Pointers: What is a cinquain poem, and how do you write one? What makes tightly structured five-line cinquain poems special? Here are simple instructions for creating cinquain poems, along with original and published examples.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda ~~ I came to check out your blog as your prompt, reign, will be used next week for the OSI poems.
    It was nice to see your Cinquain Poem. I decided to write one since I have missed both OSI and Haiku Bones for this week.
    My Cinquain Poem is entitled Java.

    Per your request I am posting it below although my blog page looks nicer. It also gives you credit for instructions in writing the Cinquain Poem.
    I had fun doing it even though it could not brew overnight for a next daty edit as I wanted it posted today.

    Java

    Stimulus drink

    Morning cup required

    Miss beloved brew—grouch all day

    Coffee

    [Thank you, Linda.]
    ..

    ReplyDelete