Tuesday

The Sparing o' the Green




The Sparin o' the Green

Ugh, hold the cabbage and corned beef.
The mere thought makes me wanna heaf.
I’ll wear the green
To make the scene.
But, please, the menu needs relief.

The leprechauns can have it all,
Or to the porcelain god I’ll crawl.
The festive fare
My guts may tear.
So count me out for dinner’s call.

St. Paddy’s table makes me green.
I bet you know just what I mean.
I’ll take a pass,
Kind sir and lass,
Instead of making quite a scene.

I’ll grab a simple P-B-J,
Bid all adieu. Be on my way.
This day of luck,
I won’t upchuck.
Tomorrow I’ll be fit to play.
c2015 by Linda Ann Nickerson



Image/s:

Public domain clipart

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment