Monday

Hanging by a hair




The scuttlebutt on making the cut.

Hanging by a hair

My mane is mindless, savage strew.
In short, these locks ain’t got no clue.
Each tress does trickle, ne’er to tame,
With no smooth shine or form to frame.

My every fiber takes a stand;
Each filament flies out of hand.
 I’d choose to charm these waves a-wild,
But they resist like wayward child.

I’m overdue (You may have guessed.)
To put the expert to the test.
So sign me up. I’ll bring my mess
For wonder-working S-O-S.
c2016 by Linda Ann Nickerson






This poem was posted in response to these prompts:

Mad Kane Humor: “frame”
Meme Express: “sign me up”
One-Liner Wednesday: “Ain’t got no clue”
Simply Snickers: “charm,” “choose,” and “child”
Six Word Sunday: Describe your life in six words. (See the subtitle.)
Stream of Consciousness Saturday / #SoCS : Word/s ending in “-est”
Theme Thursday: “smooth”
Thursday Challenge: “hair”

Image/s:
Vintage/public domain image.

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.

5 comments:

  1. This was a lot of fun to read and then to realize this totally described my war with my curly hair. Curly hair is untamable and definitely not smooth. During the "Hippie years", all I wanted was straight hair, then curls suddenly became popular. Didn't matter to me, I always wanted straight hair. Useless to try and straighten my hair since the slightest moisture just brought the curls back. Do you have curly hair too?

    Happy Theme Thursday and thanks for playing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very clever getting all this to work together.

    ReplyDelete