Sunday

Steamed or Redeemed – A Boiling Roil on Daily Toil

 

Steamed or Redeemed – 

A Boiling Roil on Daily Toil


 

I’m thankful for at least ten things.

Remind me when my mis’ry stings.

My coffee pot

Can fix a lot,

As “Easy does it,” so it sings.

 

My nose tips slightly out of joint,

As winged worries angst anoint,

Till wonders weird

My sights have cleared.

To draw me back from boiling point.

 

Another Monday might be mild,

To cheer and calm this child riled.

In this, I thank

And bow to rank

Far ‘neath the One who on me smiled.

 

‘Tis far past time; I must look up.

Perhaps I need another cup.

c2022 by Linda Ann Nickerson


 


 

This poem was posted in response to these prompts:

 

Image: Pixabay - public domain photo


Feel free to follow on Twitter, and follow Nickers and Ink Creative Communications on Facebook. Please visit my Amazon author page as well. And I am happy to share my RUNDERDOG ambassador code for 10% off on Bondi Band Athletic Headbands, Accessories, and Fashions. (Simply enter the code at online checkout.).

3 comments:

  1. Well done, and welcome to Ten Things of Thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back from the boiling point :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this was a fun read! Your FMF neighbor #39

    ReplyDelete