Amazon book deals

Save on Art Supplies

Friday

Line, Please! (Haiku in five stages, addressing the ages)

(Written upon request of Mad Kane's "age” and “life stage" prompts.)

“All the world's a stage,
and all the men and women
merely
players:
they have their exits
and their
entrances;
and one man
in his time
plays many
parts,
his acts being seven ages.”
William Shakespeare
As You Like It
(Act II, Scene 7)
(1564 – 1616)


Line, Please!
(Haiku in five stages, addressing the ages)

If life is a stage,
And all mankind mere players,
Who’s performing now?

Someone, cue me please!
I’m not sure what I should say.
Understudy, help!

No rehearsals here.
Who says I must act my age?
I would rather not.

Costume crisis here!
Danger! Wardrobe malfunction.
Hope that camera’s off!

Don’t need star billing.
Please, just let me stick around
For the final act.


Love poetry? Click here to visit Linda Ann Nickerson’s poetry and humor blog, Nickers and Ink.

Click this link for “Line, Please!” Or click here to subscribe to an RSS feed for this writer's helpful Helium content. If you wish, click here for a free subscription to this author's online AC content, so you won't miss a single post!

1 comment:

  1. Those were delightful! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in on my prompt.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin