Saturday

My Society

Posted for a variety of prompts:
CafĂ© Writing – Pick Three (“belong,” “dear,” “destiny,” “plain,” “rules,” “strong,” “talk” and “victory”)
Camera Critters (photo)
Friday 5 (“appearance,” “defect,” “laundry,’ “trellis” and “youngster”)
Meme Express (“seasons” or “seasoning”)
One Single Impression (“rest”)
Photo Scavenger Hunt (“view”)

Poetry Train
Rockin’ Chair Writers
(“tiger’)
Simply Snickers (“sacred,” “secrets,” “self” and “scorned”)
Slice of Life Sunday (“an unfulfilled dream,” “a moment of failure” or “writer’s choice”)
Smiley Saturday (“smiling”)
Sunday Scribblings (“solace”)
Wordless Wednesday’s Saturday edition

(Photos c2008 by Nickers and Ink.)

My Society

The greatest solace I have found,
With sacred secrets, strongly bound
Cannot be found in tattered talk
But in a simple country walk.

Appearances mislead and feign,
The finest offerings oft are plain.
As seasons whirl our course along,
False tigers tempt us to the wrong.

The peril of unspoken dream
May taunt and tease with empty gleam.
Apparent defect draws a sneer,
As youngsters play, cajole and jeer.

A laundry list of lingered doubt
Does trim my trellis round-about,
Supplanting blossoms from their hold
Unless I banish them, full bold.

A moment’s recreation may
Prevent such lies from holding sway;
Regained perspective, now and then,
May cause my soul to smile again.

My Company, He calls me forth,
To reassure, He gives me worth,
My own society of two
Does energize, transform, renew.

We stroll the meadows, trails and wood,
Regarding nether’s neighborhood.
He points my paces all aright,
So long as He is in my sight.

The rest may follow, or may fold
Beneath examples yet untold.
My self, though scorned, I’ll stake my ground
Upon that Rock that bids me bound.

Love poetry? Check out Simply Snickers, a brand-new weekly poetry prompt. Try your hand with weekly prompts! Or, look into The Meme Express for daily blogging prompts.

Click here to visit Linda Ann Nickerson’s poetry and humor blog, Nickers and Ink.

Click here to subscribe to an RSS feed for this writer's helpful Helium content. If you wish, click here for a free subscription to this author's online AC content, so you won't miss a single post!

Add to Technorati Favorites

13 comments:

  1. I have found walking in nature (as in your lovely photos) one of the few activities in life guaranteed to heal my spirit. Thanks for this walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful post and prose about my favorite...a walk in nature..

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing better than a walk in the country to clear one's mind and put in perspective our failures. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you got the word 'tiger' in there.

    Rhymes magnificent as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful words for a walk in nature. I love exploring what nature has to offer as it always gives something new and refreshing. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos! Fantastic post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being as one with nature, you find your true soul.
    This was beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...My self, though scorned, I’ll stake my ground Upon that Rock that bids me bound.... amen, linda... a most beautiful poem...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. Thanks for participating, and for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete