Friday

Dog on the Job Day


Dog on the Job Day

Today was Take Your Dog to Work Day, which falls on the first Friday after Father’s Day every year.

Did you take your pet to your workplace? How did that go over with your employer?

To honor this fine canine celebration with dogged determination, here’s a hired-hound holiday limerick.

Doggedly Downsized

Today I was not overjoyed.
My pooch filled my office chair void.
Till, finally, cross,
I showed him who’s boss,
Because I am still self-employed.

My oversized lapdog gave pause,
Evicted without true just cause.
Then sadly he crept
To sunspot and slept,
Accepting his own escape clause.

For who takes a doggy to work,
Unless pet protection’s a perk?
Still, working at home,
I’m never alone
As my canine colleague may lurk.

Related Items:
Image/s:
Public Domain Clip Art
Misc. Sources

Add to Technorati Favorites

 

1 comment:

  1. Ah THAT explains why I saw a teacher leaving school with her dog today! I thought that was strange.

    Nice limerick!

    ReplyDelete