Amazon book deals

Save on Art Supplies

Friday

Run It Off



Run It Off

Some folks jog to take off weight,
Burning calories they ate.
That’s what caught me, years ago;
Now I stride my woes to throw.

I run in circles, run for luck,
Run a fever, run amok,
Run for cover, run across,
Never just to run for loss.

Cadence calls me to persist,
Sorrow’s symbols to resist.
Counting combos, on I trudge,
Stepping past the daily drudge.

Every mile, worry fades.
My new normal beats blockades.
Mid-run, I begin to swing.
Ever gasping, still I sing.

Seldom do I seek to stop:
Mostly, I am chop-chop-chop.
Could it be I’m overbooked,
Or endorphins have me hooked?
c2017 by Linda Ann Nickerson



Image:
Adapted by this user from vintage artwork.


This poem was posted in response to these prompts:
April A to Z Blog Challenge
National Poetry Writing Month / NaPoWriMo
Five-Minute Friday: “sing”
Meme Express: “new normal”
Simply Snickers: “cadence,” “combo,” and “cymbal” or “symbol”
#atozchallenge
#napowrimo


Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.

2 comments:

  1. I'm your FMF neighbor. Love the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Before illness felled me, I was a 7-mile-a-day runner. Didn't even take Christmas off. Yeah. Fanatical, eh?

    #1 at FMF this week.

    http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2017/04/your-dying-spouse-300-bucket-list.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin