Monday

Time for Timeout



The docket today is a troublesome tease,
A tenuous tying by tension of ease.
The total? A touchpoint from A’s down to Z’s.
Would someone just put me in timeout? Oh, please!

It’s hurry and wait, and get on with the show.
I might have to pout. I have tantrums to throw.
My fingers on keyboard have miles to go.
But fresh new ideas? They have yet just to flow.

I might have to stop, sigh, and sit for a spell.
But idling is nothing I do rather well.
My thinking cap’s tilted; hold on, clientele.
The concepts will hatch when I step from the shell.
c2017 by Linda Ann Nickerson


Image:
Adapted by this user from vintage artwork.


This poem was posted in response to these prompts:
April A to Z Blog Challenge
National Poetry Writing Month / NaPoWriMo
Meme Express: “touchpoint”
#atozchallenge
#napowrimo


Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment