Friday

Xcuse Me (When gym rats fall flat)



He loiters ‘round there at the gym,
And most of us steer clear of him.
I do not even know his name,
But I could tell you of his game.


He wanders idly by each set.
I’ve never seen him break a sweat.
He greets the ladies with a gawk
And stops beside them, making talk.

Today, this fellow crossed the line.
I know I didn’t give him a sign.
He blocked my path and grabbed my arm.
I guess he thought he brimmed with charm.

This move was random, not so wise,
For I go there to exercise.
Not interested in repartee,
I simply went along my way.

Tomorrow he’ll approach one more,
But who such tactics would fall for?
Mere common courtesy dictates:
Leave us alone. Go lift some weights.
c2018 by Linda Ann Nickerson


Image:
Theme art – adapted from public domain image
Still from Chained, 1934

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.

1 comment:

  1. everytime i read a new post of yours, my first reaction is - wow, and my second is a question - how do you do it! :)

    ReplyDelete