Amazon book deals

Save on Art Supplies

Sunday

Trifocal Terrors

Trifocal Terrors


“For now we see through a glass, darkly;

but then face to face:

now I know in part;

but then shall I know

even as also I am known.”

(1 Corinthians 13:12, KJV)



Have you tried progressive lenses yet? How about the new trifocal eyeglasses?


Recently, I splurged for these high-tech vision-correcting eyeglasses. Ideally, trifocal eyeglasses are supposed to offer long-distance vision correction, fairly close vision correction (as for computer usage) and up-close vision correction (for reading, writing, sewing and other detail work).


Mostly, my fancy trifocal eyeglasses just give me motion sickness . . . even when I am sitting still.


Know the feeling?


Maybe this circumstance contains a spiritual life lesson? Doesn’t every circumstance, if we will but look?


What a Sight –

A Limericked Glance at Lenses Askance


New spectacles set me a-reel.

The sharpest of scenes may congeal.

Still, I feign a smile,

Though blind for a while,

Concealing the discord I feel.


For vision’s much more than I see,

And insights are often the key.

Lord, call me apart

To see through Your heart.

Could be it’s not all about me.


Posted for a variety of prompts:

Friday Flash-55 (55 words)

Simply Snickers (“scene,” “sharp” and “smile”)


Love poetry? Check out Simply Snickers, a brand-new weekly poetry prompt. Try your hand with weekly prompts! Or, look into The Meme Express for daily blogging prompts.


Click here to visit Linda Ann Nickerson’s poetry and humor blog, Nickers and Ink.


Click here to subscribe to an RSS feed for this writer's helpful Helium content. If you wish, click here for a free subscription to this author's online AC content, so you won't miss a single post! Do you love horses? Check out the content from the National Equestrian Examiner.


Add to Technorati Favorites

5 comments:

  1. Tell me about it! I went into some detail on my own bifocal experience here: http://www.aliceaudrey.com/?p=524

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my playground. I appreciate it. I wonder if they say that about Lasic? LOL. Great 55. Well done. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, Linda, Linda...Whatever shall I do with you?
    Buy YOU a calender too?
    Loved your 55, albeit LATE!
    You know I don't care just as long as you play.
    Have a Great Week...Galen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to get Lasic, but the eye doctors tend to back away fast. Not that it can't be done, but I'm not a good candidate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wear any kind of divided glasses. i trip and fall down.

    I wear drug store magnifying glasses 'cus I'm old. :)

    I love your poem. i loves me some rhymes.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin