Monday

Tax against the wall




All present and accounted for? Maybe.

Tax Against the Wall

How can fiscals fly so fast?
Documenting, I’m aghast.
Confident? Put down that pen.
Push to shove? It’s “when” again.
Help! By papers I’m harassed.

Tax prep time! I have to focus;
Need a little hocus-pocus.
Easy money? That’s a joke.
Busted! Now I think I’m broke.
My accountant’s gonna choke.

Pounding buttons, hand to plow.
Look at me, subtracting now.
Number-crunching confidante?
Maybe I am part-savant.
Finished, but I don’t know how.
c2017 by Linda Ann Nickerson


Adapted by this user from public domain artwork.

This poem was posted in response to these prompts:

Meme Express: “easy money”
Simply Snickers: “confidante” and “confident”
Six Word Saturday: See subtitle.
#SoCS


Feel free to follow on Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment