Friday

Black Friday Sales and Wails

Black Friday Sales and Wails


Reflecting on the resounding, though perhaps refreshing, attraction of pre-Christmas sales.


Will you participate in the “Black Friday” sales after Thanksgiving? Will you stand in line before the break of dawn to grab deep discounts for Santa’s “Naughty and Nice” lists?


Maybe It’s Sold-Out Time

(A holiday duet, to be sung to the tune of “Baby, It’s Cold Outside”)


I really can’t shop.

Maybe it’s sold-out time.

The prices may drop.

Maybe it’s sold-out time.

The bargains tell tales –

Just look at these sales …

So very nice.

Such bargains may not come ‘round twice.

My wallet may be feeling much lighter.

Economy is lookin’ much brighter.

My credit card simply will melt.

In that outfit, you look so svelte.

So really I ought to stop spending.

Look at all the values they’re vending.

Well, maybe just another store more –

Scoop up all these treasures galore.


My money has flown.

Maybe it’s sold-out time.

Expenses have grown.

Maybe it’s sold-out time.

I wish I knew why –

Look in the window! Buy! Buy! Buy!

I’m in this mall.

The traffic freezes to a crawl.

I ought to just say, “No, thank you.”

Just look around and check out the view.

At least I could resist one more sale.

Resist the tempters to no avail.

I really can’t shop.

Ah, but it’s sold-out time.



Posted for a variety of prompts:


Simply Snickers (“reflect,” “refresh” and “resound”)


Love poetry? Check out Simply Snickers, a brand-new weekly poetry prompt. Try your hand with weekly prompts! Or, look into The Meme Express for daily blogging prompts.


Click here to visit Linda Ann Nickerson’s poetry and humor blog, Nickers and Ink.


Click here to subscribe to an RSS feed for this writer's helpful Helium content. If you wish, click here for a free subscription to this author's online AC content, so you won't miss a single post! Do you love horses? Check out the content from the National Equestrian Examiner.


Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

  1. Very funny. I have never and will not ever go shopping on Black Friday.

    Long Overdue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

    ReplyDelete