Monday

My NaNoWriMo Nightmare

My NaNoWriMo Nightmare


Are you participating in NaNoWriMo this November? If so, be sure to leave a comment. Want to share your NaNoWriMo screen name? (Click the NaNoWriMo graphic – at left – to view my page.)


(I must express my apologies, in advance, to my FAVORITE writers and subscriptions. If I should fall behind on reading and commenting this month, let’s just blame NaNoWriMo. I’ve joined the challenge to write a 50,000-page fiction manuscript in one month.)


Monkey Typing

Wikipedia Commons – public domain


The Novel Idea –

A Limericked Look at Racing a Book


My sleep’s reduced to not a wink;

Awake, I ponder plots and think:

The word count goal

Has caught me whole,

From characters to kitchen sink.


What meanings may this work contain

To stimulate the human brain?

The winding tale

Does make me ail

And question: Can I still stay sane?


A month of writing, nothing more,

No exercises to abhor.

And yet, I pace

And words erase –

I fear my story is a bore.


I’m scavenging my mind for parts,

Appealing to my readers’ hearts.

The plot may climb,

Or shift in time,

Although I fear it stops and starts.


Will publishers await my book,

Or will they just refuse to look?

What time I waste

To write in haste.

The challenge has me by the hook.


Posted for a variety of prompts:

Easy Street Prompts (“for parts”)

Meme Express (“writing”)

Monday Poetry Train (poem/s)

One Single Impression (“shift in time”)

Totally Optional Prompts (“restart”)


Love poetry? Check out Simply Snickers, a brand-new weekly poetry prompt. Try your hand with weekly prompts! Or, look into The Meme Express for daily blogging prompts.


Click here to visit Linda Ann Nickerson’s poetry and humor blog, Nickers and Ink.


Click here to subscribe to an RSS feed for this writer's helpful Helium content. If you wish, click here for a free subscription to this author's online AC content, so you won't miss a single post! Do you love horses? Check out the content from the National Equestrian Examiner.


Add to Technorati Favorites

9 comments:

  1. Oh, for sure - a challenge and adventure. I'm sitting this one out for the first time in five years with four novels completed and printed. My fingers are willing but my brain is not. ;) Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never cease to amaze me, in how you can put so many prompts in one post and keep it creative!

    Can't wait to read your first chapter, you are bolder than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it takes me a month or more to write a poem, I can't imagine 50,000 pages - and all in a row! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wanted to do that too but gave up at last minute

    ReplyDelete
  5. малолетка зашла в туалет http://free-3x.com/ фото ебут студентку free-3x.com/ секс подростков от 18 до 18 фото [url=http://free-3x.com/]free-3x.com[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire your tenacity and look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete