Wednesday

Not My Nature




Never Nimble

I never knew a nimble note,
With painful practices by rote.
I play by ear,
But so sincere,
Not choosing what composers wrote.

For harmony may soon be sought.
It’s neither borrowed, loaned, nor bought.
Notes blending sweet
May often meet
When creativity is caught.

Thus, unexpected, life is found
With melodies beyond profound.
I trip and fall,
But after all,
May I the critics all confound.

c2014 by Linda Ann Nickerson

Nickers and Ink: Poetry and Humor is participating in the April A to Z Blogging Challenge and National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo) again this year. Stop on back, so you don’t miss a single post!

Image/s:

Vintage artwork/clipart

Public domain

Limericks and Whim-ericks artwork

created by this user on FlamingText



3 comments:

  1. May I the critics all confound....

    Lovely, that last bit.
    Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2014, My Latest post

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't play at all, so you have me beat, rote, ear or otherwise :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute; I love it! I'm tone deaf, so I don't think that would work for me. :)

    Random Musings from the KristenHead — N is for Nature (and Nimble)

    ReplyDelete