Sunday

Glasses of rose


Glasses of rose: A change of view may simply do

 

I’m looking at life through my glasses of rose.

Stepped out of the shell, wasting oceans of woes.

Still no one was able to disjoint my nose.

That merits some mention, for that’s how it goes.

 

Ah, life is a beach, when we do what we chose.

And coasting or rowing, we face highs and lows.

Today’s race is over. My toes, how they froze.

Adieu, off to rest, for I’ve earned my repose.

 

The light’s at its close, with a toast, I suppose.

For I’m looking at life through my glasses of rose.

c2016 by Linda Ann Nickerson




This poem was posted in response to these prompts:

31 Days of Poetry and Writing: Write about something you can be happy doing at home. (28)
31 Writing Prompts: What is your personality color? (28)
OctPoWriMo: “beach,” “coast,” “oceans,” and “shell” – MONORHYME POEM (28)

#OctPoWriMo 


Image/s:
Public domain art
31 Days logo – created by this user,
including public domain artwork.

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment