Saturday

Worn out without a doubt




Letting go can lighten the load.

Worn out without a doubt

Abandonment is agony.
Desertion’s an epiphany.
My favorite rags, I must release.
Disbanded duds have lost their lease.

Here lies what’s left of my best shirt –
Relinquished, ragged, soiled with dirt.
I left it in the wash too long,
And now it’s sung its own swan song.

This comfy top, beyond the sew,
Is fit now just to scare a crow.
c2016 by Linda Ann Nickerson



This poem was posted in response to these prompts:

Six Word Saturday: See the subtitle.
Stream of Consciousness Saturday: “in” or “out”
31 Days of Poetry and Writing: Write about a slant your life once took, when it turned. (26)
31 Writing Prompts: Describe your favorite article of clothing. (26)
OctPoWriMo: “abandonment” – with “desertion,” “relinquished,” left,” and “disbanded” – EPITAPH (26)

#OctPoWriMo 

Image/s:
Public domain art
31 Days logo – created by this user,
including public domain artwork.

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.

4 comments:

  1. You made one scarecrows day! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw... it's sad when a favorite article of clothing becomes too worn to wear. Makes me think of a pair of huge cords I used to have...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Letting go does often lighten the load!

    ReplyDelete