Thursday

Whack-a-Mole


Sun bunnies, beware! Don't let this happen to you! Slather on the sunblock, or reach for the Solarcaine! Guard against skin cancer. Your dermatologist and your skin will thank you.

Whack-a-Mole -
A Rhymed Raging Over Signs of Aging


I once was young, but now am old;
My skin hangs off my face in folds.
The old libido's growing cold,
And I see Doctor Whack-a-Mole.

This nasty physical assault
Is, truthfully, my own darn fault.
I should have known just when to halt.
Now I see Doctor Whack-a-Mole.

I loved the sun and summer fun;
I'd tan my skin till it was done.
But dots and spots their course have run,
So I need Doctor Whack-a-Mole.

A freeze-off here, a snip-off there,
Until my skin is clean and fair,
With tiny band-aids everywhere
From good old Doctor Whack-a-Mole.

Some biopsies may be required;
On such occasions, I've perspired,
Until results had been inquired
Of dear old Doctor Whack-a-Mole.

And still I crave a sunny spot
To lounge and laze, do diddly-squat,
Although I'm sure, like it or not,
I'll soon see Doctor Whack-a-Mole.

If you are one who loves the sun,
Be careful; here's the 4-1-1:
Rub on the sunscreen; use a ton.
Or you'll see Doctor Whack-a-Mole.

Want to read the rest? Click here to see "Whack-a-Mole - A Rhymed Raging Over Signs of Aging." Or click here for a free subscription to this author's online content, so you won't miss a single post!

No comments:

Post a Comment