Amazon book deals

Save on Art Supplies

Tuesday

My Misspeak


This is a LESSON on something that must LESSEN.

My Misspeak
(Limericks in Force for Speech Most Coarse)

It’s time for a self-made critique,
Right after a profane blue streak.
I hope no one heard
That decadent word,
When then without thought I did speak.


I should have just snapped shut my beak
And uttered not one single squeak.
I knew afterward,
My conscience was spurred,
For my censorship had sprung a leak.

Perhaps I will sound like a freak,
But language most foul seems to reek.
I’ve always preferred
To leave it unheard,
But now I my own tongue must tweak.
c2008 by Linda Ann Nickerson

Image:
public domain artwork

(Written upon request of Two for Tuesdays “streak” prompt and Get Your Poem On's "jargon" prompt, #24.)

3 comments:

  1. well girl,, i cuss like a sailor and eat with this mouth too... but i know when to use it,, and do try every once in a awhile to act on that knowledge....

    you are quite fluent with the limericks.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seldom cuss. However, I do like your limericks!

    ctrl/alt/del

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow linda, you are amazing with your use of words in general, thought process, grasp of english language and limerick's...just incredible overall!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin