Monday

Out of Gases and Sunglasses

(Written upon request of Poetry Train’s “Manic Monday #51)


Out of Gases and Sunglasses


I buy the cheap sunglasses,
Whatever I can find.
My cash is spent on gases,
The automotive kind.

I can’t afford the fancy shades,
The pricey, hip new styles;
My car needs petrol, lowest grades,
To drive a few more miles.

I steer my motor ‘round the bends
And squint, so I can see.
But my generic tinted lens,
Won’t block the UV-B.

Still, I can’t justify the cost
Of sunglasses with class.
I have to pay for my exhaust.
My vehicle needs gas.

Who needs to drop a hundred bucks
To polarize their sight?
We use C-notes to fill our trucks,
And drive them just at night.



Love poetry? Click here to visit Linda Ann Nickerson’s poetry and humor blog, Nickers and Ink.

Click this link for “Out of Gases and Sunglasses.” Or click here to subscribe to an RSS feed for this writer's helpful Helium content. If you wish, click here for a free subscription to this author's online AC content, so you won't miss a single post!

Add to Technorati Favorites

4 comments:

  1. Driving at night - the perfect solution! Plus there's less traffic so less gas wasted idling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the rhyming pattern!

    wicked witch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or work from home. Yeah, that's the ticket. (I wish). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very funny!

    great job hitting the rhythm and the rhymes!

    ReplyDelete