Amazon book deals

Save on Art Supplies

Monday

Someone’s Tapping on Mom’s Shoulder

Someone’s Tapping on Mom’s Shoulder


This poem is dedicated to my family, particularly during National Poetry Month, when I have perhaps spent more time than usual at the computer. Composing and publishing daily poems for a variety of poetry prompts, poetry websites and poetry contests has kept me tied to the keyboard a bit.


Don't worry, kids. Mom will be back soon. After all, National Poetry Month will only last for a few more days. Of course, there's always next year!


Keys to My Heart –

A Child’s Rhyme for Equal Time


Dear Mom: You need to monitor

The moments spent online.

It’s not that I’m at all bitter;

I just thought you were mine.

Till publishing and networking

Absorbed attention lost.

I linger by your side, lurking

With all my fingers crossed.

But flashing monitor arrays

My mother have enticed.

I guess I knew the truth always –

P.C.’s the antichrist.


Posted for a variety of prompts:

AC (ode to a piece of technology)

Easy Street Prompts (“denial”)

Monday Poetry Train (poem/s)

Poetic Asides (April P.A.D. Challenge – poem/s of longing)

Read Write Poem (NaPoWriMo)


Love poetry? Check out Simply Snickers, a brand-new weekly poetry prompt. Try your hand with weekly prompts! Or, look into The Meme Express for daily blogging prompts.


Click here to visit Linda Ann Nickerson’s poetry and humor blog, Nickers and Ink.


Throughout 2009, please join us at The Heart of a Ready Writer, a Bible reading and devotional blog, as we read through the entire Bible in chronological order.


Click here to subscribe to an RSS feed for this writer's helpful Helium content. If you wish, click here for a free subscription to this author's online AC content, so you won't miss a single post!


Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

  1. Very funny! You must have been talking to my kids, too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent poem. Oh, can I relate - torn by the desire to write and guilt, too....aren't all creative moms?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin