Monday

A is for Absent - Rhymed Acrostics A to Z



A is for Absent - Rhymed Acrostics A to Z

'Allo there, April!

Participating in both NaPoWriMo (National Poetry Writing Month) and the A to Z Blogging Challenge, Nickers and Ink will feature a month-long 26-entry series of rhymed acrostics this April.

Acrostic poetry need not rhyme. In fact, it most often does not. But I like a challenge, so here we go.

Stick around. Sign up. Follow or subscribe, so you can catch all the posts.
  
Absent

Anyone may step away
Breaking bonds that once held sway,
Slipping from the inner ring,
Exiting with broken wing.
Nodding heads and shaking fists:
Tell me, will I yet be missed?
c2013 by Linda Ann Nickerson

Would you like to know how to create an acrostic poem? 



This entry was created as one of a 26-poem series for the April A to Z Blogging Challenge and NaPoWriMo (National Poetry Writing Month).You are invited to peruse the entire list! Better yet, sign up to follow or subscribe (free), so you’ll receive notices of new posts.
Related Items:

Image/s:
Vintage Picture Book Illustration 
public domain
Rhymed Acrostics from A to Z
Created by this user
On CoolText

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.
 

18 comments:

  1. Well done! I enjoy acrostics, and occasionally torture myself by trying to write acrostic limericks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that poem! Makes one wonder, truly.. I try my own hand at writing, but... I'm not really successful. Unless I do free verse but its still bad haha.

    Found you through the A-Z List,
    Victoria from Always a Booklover

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for combining the two challenges. I love the poem and look forward to more!

    Jenny at Choice City Native

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I think acrostics are so much fun. I do them quite often to get the creative juices flowing:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great poem!!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suck at poetry of any kind,
    and so with that in mind,
    I'll hang about,
    See what comes out,
    As from A-Z you wind *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting idea - look forward to more of your poems!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent way to combine both challenges this month!! You did this poem very well!!

    Happy Blogging :) Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a poet myself, so I've definitely learned something today - thanks. And thanks for swinging by MROP. Enjoy the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love poems and yours was delightful. My D post is an acrostic poem!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great poem. I always admired folks who can write poetry well.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visiting from the A-Z challenge. Awesome poem

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog looks like something I may enjoy. I hope to follow you more thru the A-Z challenge!
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! I haven't written an acrostic poem in a while. I'll be sure to include at least one in the a to z challenge. Nice pic' too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's amazing! I've never tried my hands at writing an acrostic poem before.

    My Writing Blog
    My Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Visiting you from the A-to-Z Challenge. ~Susan at Haiku Corner

    ReplyDelete