Tuesday

N is for Nightmare – Rhymed Acrostics A to Z



N is for Nightmare – Rhymed Acrostics A to Z

Now, if I could just slip into a restful sleep for one night. Ever feel that way? Sleeplessness is a nightmare indeed. 


Nightmare


Nevermore may I nod off.
In my dreams, the beast may scoff.
Give me rest; need forty winks.
Help! My form is filled with kinks.
Tell soft stories; banish boos.
Make my mind see merry news.
All my energies are naught.
Rest retreats as afterthought.
Eerie sights mean slumber’s shot.
c2013 by Linda Ann Nickerson



This entry was created as one of a 26-poem series for the April A to Z Blogging Challenge and NaPoWriMo (National Poetry Writing Month). You are invited to peruse the entire list! Better yet, sign up to follow or subscribe (free), so you’ll receive notices of new posts.


Image/s:
 Shadow of Past Times
 1964
by Peter Mauch
Vintage Art - Pub Dom
Rhymed Acrostics from A to Z
Created by this user
On CoolText

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.


2 comments:

  1. I have suffered fairly badly from insomnia in the past and it really is horrible. Thankfully I don't have much trouble with it nowadays, but it does strike occasionally...and it usually takes me a while to get to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your acrostic poem about insomnia being a nightmare. I totally agree. Good one!

    Cattitude and Gratitude

    ReplyDelete