Tuesday

Plunging with aplomb: A-Z verses from vintage visages




 Plunging with aplomb

I’ll not be party to the throng,
To plant my toes in sod of wrong.
No chains contain the whimsy fair.
I’d rather soar and grab some air.

Enough reactions. No more gripes.
It’s time to rest your rusty pipes.
I’ll not bear pious bellyache
Or just paint on a grin that’s fake.

It’s time to take that leap of faith
To spill the poison, plead the Eighth.
So, if you will, give me a push.
And step back, as my swing sails. Whoosh!

Who knows? Perhaps I’ll double back.
Momentum carries double clack.
But even so, I’ll be unchained,
For by the best I have been trained.
c2016 by Linda Ann Nickerson


This poem was posted for the April A to Z Blogging Challenge and National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo), as well as these prompts:

Daily Post: “fake”
Meme Express: “party,” “painting” and “poison”
One-Minute Writer: “reaction”
Simply Snickers: "plant” and “pious”


Image/s:
Public domain photo –
 vintage image

Feel free to follow on Google+ and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment