Monday

A-Z sketches in verse: Wary Warbler


Wary Warbler

A wary warbler, I’ve been known
To sing in solitude.
No, I’m not tone deaf. Hold the phone.
I don’t mean to be rude.

It’s just that I prefer to croon
Away from open ears.
I learn the lyrics, belt a tune –
No need for cheers or jeers.

My favorite solos I have sung
While piloting my car.
I’ve let ‘er rip, busted a lung,
On road trips flung afar.

My music is a secret still.
Don’t try to catch my song.
I’ll chirp and chant and hum and trill
With none to sing along.
c2015 by Linda Ann Nickerson

Image/s:
Vintage/public domain artwork






3 comments:

  1. Of course I want to say something brilliant about your poem, but I'm so tired from the A to Z stuff. It reminds me of Shel Silverstein's' playful poetry. Seriously, you did 10 blogs in last year's A to Z and are doing 5 this year? What? Are you hooked up to your computer at the waist? LOL!
    You're doing great w/ the A to Z Challenge.

    By the way, if you blog hop, please include your link if you comment so that others can find you easily and reciprocate any comments. Also other people who read your comment can find you and visit you.
    Maui Jungalow

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was really really lovely and I loved the image you used. I too, love to sing in the car, alone! Lisa, co-host AtoZ 2015, @ http://www.lisabuiecollard.com

    ReplyDelete