Thursday

A-Z sketches in verse: Zodiacal Zones’ Unknowns



I do not trace the zodiac.
I do not know my sign.
It’s not that I want money back;
I wait for the divine.

As choices clamor for our eyes,
We focus where we may.
Our hearts do quickly improvise
To give ideas full sway.

The stars may tell a story, true.
For evil or for good.
And though I cannot speak for you,
They’re oft misunderstood.

The future may surprise us all,
Assumptions tossed afield.
No matter what the cosmic scrawl,
The truth will be revealed. 
c2015 by Linda Ann Nickerson




Image/s:
Vintage/public domain artwork

Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.


5 comments:

  1. Neat poem and perfect illustration

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gift for rhyme you have, and insightful: "I do not trace the zodiac.
    I do not know my sign.
    It’s not that I want money back;
    I wait for the divine."

    Congrats on getting to the letter Z! Reminder: there will be an A to Z Reflections round on May 4th. There will be a Linky for it on the main blog, so please look for it there! Please post your reflections on the challenge, visit others, and catch up on the blogs you didn't have time to read!
    Team Macha, Helping Co-Host Zalka
    Maui Jungalow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome poem, I loved the cosmic scrawl end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great poem. Congratulations on completing the challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there.
    Congratulations on surviving the challenge! I didn't get to visit your blog during the crazy month of April so I'm popping over today from the Road Trip.

    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete