Amazon book deals

Save on Art Supplies

Sunday

Redeemed from Religion - a Rhymed Retelling of Release

Does true faith lead to a religion or something different altogether? Where is liberty, freedom and hope? Perhaps a deeper look is needed.


Redeemed from Religion

A Rhymed Retelling of Release


I've been redeemed, in Jesus' Name,
From every false religion's game.
For Jesus took my sin and shame,
And I will never be the same.

I once was bound, by Bible-thumpers,
Wearing large white-collared jumpers.
These I stitched all by myself,
From fabrics purchased off-the-shelf.

For years, I memorized each rule,
From grandest scale to miniscule.
I'd scorn the mirror when I fell,
Pronouncing myself ne'er-do-well.

I'd glance askance at holy folk,
And think it was the meanest joke.
I knew I'd never make the grade;
And so I built a barricade.

Exhausted, I would try to stand
And measure up to each command.
But, daily, I would face a fault
That brought my progress to a halt.

Now I am loosed from legal ties
That worry, stress, and paralyze.
Once captive, I have been set free
To follow Him who pardoned me.

And here's the big surprise of all:
This liberty comes with a call.
The Lord has lifted my law load,
And I desire to live His code.

I will not follow out of fear,
But, still, I long to persevere.
Obedience can be renewed
By simple love and gratitude.

I've been redeemed, in Jesus' Name,
From every false religion's game.
For Jesus took my sin and shame,
And I will never be the same.



Related items:

Abundantly - A Poetic Plea for a Closer Walk With the Savior

The Coming of the Light - Do You Belong to the King of Song?
The Cost So Dear - A Rhyme Displayed for Those Who Paid
Days of Sorrow - A Rhymed Motif of Angelic Grief
His Story - A Poetic Tribute to the King Absolute
A Market for Sparrows - Never Guessing on His Blessing
Power and Provision - A Poetic Paraphrasing of Psalm 146
Repair for Despair - A Poetic Paraphrase of Psalm 103

Love poetry? Check out Simply Snickers, a brand-new weekly poetry prompt. Click here for Redeemed from Religion - A Rhymed Retelling of Release. Or click here to visit Linda Ann Nickerson’s poetry and humor blog, Nickers and Ink.

Click here to subscribe to an RSS feed for this writer's helpful Helium content. If you wish, click here for a free subscription to this author's online AC content, so you won't miss a single post!

Add to Technorati Favorites



read more | digg story

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin