Saturday

Natters, Smatters, Tatters and Mad Hatters

Natters, Smatters, Tatters and Mad Hatters

Just for fun, instead of an actual poem, I thought I'd play along with Friday Fill-ins. The prompts are listed in bold, and my answers are in italics.

1. "In a hole in the ground there lived a hound, who made not a sound."

2. "
My togs are a-tatter, but that ain't no matter."

3. "After dark the rain began to fall again, rebathing all the world again
."

4. "
The bawdy buccaneer was sprung from the hold of the Spanish galleon."

5. "There was a hand in the darkness and a creak in the night. I pulled up the covers and shook from the fright."

6. "Accidents ambush the unsuspecting,
and most politicians aren't worth reelecting."

7. And as for the weekend:
Tonight I'm looking forward to
hiding, tomorrow my plans include research and writing, and Sunday, I want to go horseback trail riding!

Do any of these one-liners inspire you to write a poem or story? My own mind is buzzing at the thought. Perhaps in April, when many of us will try to post a poem a day!

I invite you to stop by often, as your comments will keep me encouraged and accountable for daily posts in April. If you are participating too, please be sure to leave your own links!

No comments:

Post a Comment