Thursday

Hurry Up and Weight




Hurry Up and Weight

I’ve lost my balance, dropped my core.
My body needs adjusted score.
I’d like to linger in my bunk.
Alas, I’m in a fitness funk.

Free exercise sounds like a cinch,
A cheap solution in a pinch,
As iron glutes and steely abs
Fall feebly to folds and flabs.

Of course, exertion may be best.
Well, duh, it’s time to leave the nest.
The scale might tip. The dial may spin.
It’s time to reel the waistband in.

The days grow dank, and skies are dim.
My exercising oomph is grim.
Who will enable me to skip,
Forgo the program, jumping ship?

Perhaps it’s time to pack it up,
Toss in the towel, spill the cup.
My attitude may need a shift.
Thank God for friends who lend a lift.
c2016 by Linda Ann Nickerson




This poem was posted in response to these prompts:

ABC Wednesday: “I” or “iron”
Mad Kane Humor: “bunk”
Meme Express: “pack it up”
Simply Snickers:  “nest” and “best”
Three Word Wednesday: “cinch,” “dank,” and “enable”
Thursday Challenge: “cheap”

Image/s:
Vintage/public domain image.

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.

6 comments:

  1. I'd give a lift,
    But not so strong
    Enough to budge
    (You're as a throng!)

    But just to kid,
    Don't fret that scale.
    You know you don't weigh
    As no whale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god, don't I feel that way often! With a bad back (had a triple spinal fusion almost 8 years ago and looking forward (sarcasm) to another one in the near future. I can walk 15 minutes and then I need to sit. So don't fret, as I'm sure you are doing just fine!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun verse! Thanks for joining my Limerick-Off, albeit without a limerick. :)


    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with leslie on this one. i can't stand for 5mins max. then my lower spinal area goes into spasm, causing excrutiating pain. I've seen one of the top spinal surgeons, who reckons I would only ha a 50/50 chance of recovery, the down side would cause paralysis! as Leslie said, to quote"So don't fret I'm sure you're doing just fine"!
    Wise advice from a very wise lady.

    Best wishes,
    Di.
    ABCW team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post and fine choice for this weeks letter.... a term which can used in so many ways.

    Have a nice ABC-day / – week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (ABC-team)
    http://melodymusic.nl/abc-wednesday-9-i/ -

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I did IRON in the INTRO!
    Looks painful...
    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete