Monday

Yard Beast




In hare-raising circumstances, the best leverage may come quite naturally.

My domain is under a dare.
This gardener is reaching despair.
Each plant that I sow
Does get up and go,
And I blame an oversized hare.

This steroidal creature dines well.
Of that we can patently tell.
With swagger she’ll eat
Then stagger to feet –
Off under my shed, there to dwell.

I’m sure she has family to feed,
And nature preserving’s my creed.
But blooms disappear;
She grins ear to ear.
Must I territory concede?

At last, I can see through the fog.
It’s time to respond, go whole-hog.
Look out, bunny girl.
Get lost. Take a whirl.
Ears up, as I send out my dog.
c2017 by Linda Ann Nickerson


Image:
Adapted by this user from vintage artwork.


This poem was posted in response to these prompts:
April A to Z Blog Challenge
National Poetry Writing Month / NaPoWriMo
Meme Express: “leverage”
#atozchallenge
#napowrimo



Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment