Sunday

H is for How Doth the Little Crocodile


Ha! Who has a hankering for a handful of hilarity?

British humorist Lewis Carroll (1832-1898) had an unfathomable imagination, inventing such popular works as Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Through the Looking-Glass, and “The Jabberwocky.”

Just for fun, consider the little crocodile, for innocent-looking individuals may not always be all they seem.

How Doth the Little Crocodile, by Lewis Carroll

How doth the little crocodile
Improve his shining tail,
And pour the waters of the Nile
On every golden scale!

How cheerfully he seems to grin
How neatly spreads his claws,
And welcomes little fishes in,
With gently smiling jaws!

Last year’s A to Z post: Higher Harmony

Related Items:
Feel free to follow on GooglePlus and Twitter. You are also invited to join this writer's fan page, as well as the Chicago Etiquette Examiner, Madison Holidays Examiner, Equestrian Examiner and Madison Equestrian Examiner on Facebook.

Image/s:
Crocodile Reading
A to Z Blogging Challenge 2012 logo
Fair Use
Favorite Classic Poems
Adapted from ClipArt ETC

 .
 .

Add to Technorati Favorites

8 comments:

  1. Yeah the cat can surely relate the that, little crocodile rock..haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. First poem I have read about a crocodile. Great little ditty. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorites! I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge blogs this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My crocodile tale falls under "R" for reptiles, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog.

    What I love about this challenge is what I've found on this very blog; the creative, poetic and a smile all rapped in one!
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I smiled at a crocodile once. Then she broke my heart. Still love the poem though

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute...and I just love the illustration of the crocodile...adorable!

    ReplyDelete