Monday

Running Amok




Rambling and Scrambling

I really hate to eat and run,
But that is how it’s often done.
I gobble snacks
Then race the tracks,
So that I will not weigh a ton.

I lace my shoes and set my clock
To plod my way around the block.
But chuckle not,
And no cheap shot,
Unless you plan to walk the talk.
c2014 by Linda Ann Nickerson

Nickers and Ink: Poetry and Humor is participating in the April A to Z Blogging Challenge and National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo) again this year. 

Stop on back, so you don’t miss a single post!

Image/s:
Adapted from
public domain artwork
Limericks and Whim-ericks artwork
created by this user on FlamingText

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! So glad I found your blog. (I do exactly the same.)

    Visiting from A to Z Challenge Drusilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,
    Sorry I am a bit late here,
    This is really an interesting piece!
    Thanks for sharing this the illustration is lovely too!!!
    Have a wonderful week ahead!
    ~Philip

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such voice in this poem! Love it.

    Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2014, My Latest post

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome poem, and inspiring to get up and out of the house! :)

    Random Musings from the KristenHead — R is for Revolution (and Robromance)

    ReplyDelete