Steamed or Redeemed –
A Boiling Roil on Daily Toil
I’m thankful for at least ten things.
Remind me when my mis’ry stings.
My coffee pot
Can fix a lot,
As “Easy does it,” so it sings.
My nose tips slightly out of joint,
As winged worries angst anoint,
Till wonders weird
My sights have cleared.
To draw me back from boiling point.
Another Monday might be mild,
To cheer and calm this child riled.
In this, I thank
And bow to rank
Far ‘neath the One who on me smiled.
‘Tis far past time; I must look up.
Perhaps I need another cup.
c2022 by Linda Ann Nickerson
This poem was posted in response to these prompts:
- Five-Minute Friday: “coffee”
- Limerick-Off Monday (Mad Kane): “nose” or “knows” or “noes”
- Meme Express: “easy does it”
- Simply Snickers: “weird,” “wild,” and “winged”
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday: “tip”
- Ten Things of Thankful: gratitude-generators
Image: Pixabay - public domain photo
Feel free to follow on Twitter, and follow Nickers and Ink Creative Communications on Facebook. Please visit my Amazon author page as well. And I am happy to share my RUNDERDOG ambassador code for 10% off on Bondi Band Athletic Headbands, Accessories, and Fashions. (Simply enter the code at online checkout.).