Sunday

Trifocal Terrors

Trifocal Terrors

“For now we see through a glass, darkly;

but then face to face:

now I know in part;

but then shall I know

even as also I am known.”

(1 Corinthians 13:12, KJV)

Have you tried progressive lenses yet? How about the new trifocal eyeglasses?

Recently, I splurged for these high-tech vision-correcting eyeglasses. Ideally, trifocal eyeglasses are supposed to offer long-distance vision correction, fairly close vision correction (as for computer usage) and up-close vision correction (for reading, writing, sewing and other detail work).

Mostly, my fancy trifocal eyeglasses just give me motion sickness . . . even when I am sitting still.

Know the feeling?

Maybe this circumstance contains a spiritual life lesson? Doesn’t every circumstance, if we will but look?

What a Sight –

A Limericked Glance at Lenses Askance

New spectacles set me a-reel.

The sharpest of scenes may congeal.

Still, I feign a smile,

Though blind for a while,

Concealing the discord I feel.

For vision’s much more than I see,

And insights are often the key.

Lord, call me apart

To see through Your heart.

Could be it’s not all about me.

Posted for a variety of prompts:

Friday Flash-55 (55 words)

Simply Snickers (“scene,” “sharp” and “smile”)


5 comments:

  1. Tell me about it! I went into some detail on my own bifocal experience here: http://www.aliceaudrey.com/?p=524

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my playground. I appreciate it. I wonder if they say that about Lasic? LOL. Great 55. Well done. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, Linda, Linda...Whatever shall I do with you?
    Buy YOU a calender too?
    Loved your 55, albeit LATE!
    You know I don't care just as long as you play.
    Have a Great Week...Galen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to get Lasic, but the eye doctors tend to back away fast. Not that it can't be done, but I'm not a good candidate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wear any kind of divided glasses. i trip and fall down.

    I wear drug store magnifying glasses 'cus I'm old. :)

    I love your poem. i loves me some rhymes.

    ReplyDelete