Friday

Higher Harmony

Higher Harmony
(posted for the A to Z Challenge and responding to a limerick prompt from Mad Kane: “A woman was fit to be tied …”)

Peggy Lennon, of the Lennon Sisters, was born on April 8, 1941. The Lennon Sisters were a popular American singing quartet in the 1960s. Peggy’s sisters included Dianne, Janet and Kathy Lennon.

Here’s “My Beautiful Balloon,” by the Lennon Sisters:

 .
 .

Inspired by this lofty old tune, here’s my post for H-Day in the A to Z Challenge:

H is for Harmony.

Higher Harmony

A woman was fit to be tied.
Her husband went Jekyll and Hyde,
So full of hot air,
He’d bellow and blare,
And she by her wits was beside.

At last, at the end of her rope,
Apparently, giving up hope,
She climbed, as he scoffed,
Into basket, aloft,
And drifted away from the dope.

Her spouse did continue to roar,
A boisterous, blathering boor.
He ranted and raved;
She sighed, as she waved.
He’d huffed the contraption to soar.

Let this be a lesson much higher
For those who would rage and conspire.
Your own power play
Sends up and away
Your target, as you’re breathing fire. 
c2011 by Linda Ann Nickerson
Artwork:

Hot-Air Balloon

By Alejandro Cortes

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.

6 comments:

  1. So God DOES work all things out for good!
    Great limerick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious poem! His own hot air raised her balloon! And I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the Lennon Sisters video. I still love that song. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun limerick saga! Thanks so much for participating in my latest Limerick-Off!

    I'll be posting a new one tomorrow. Hope to see you back with another fun limerick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun limerick saga! Thanks so much for participating in my latest Limerick-Off!

    I'll be posting a new one tomorrow. Hope to see you back with another fun limerick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do rock the limericks!!

    My “G” post: Genetic Link
    My “H” post: Habituation: Can You Think Yourself Skinny?

    ReplyDelete