Monday

Hero Worship



Hero Worship

My Champion, Defender strong –
Does carry forth from turmoil’s throng
My feeble frame. He sets my soul
In places peaceful, lovely, whole.

When I one step no more may take,
He lifts my head. Make no mistake.
I’m confident my Confidante
Excels all else that I may want.

His mighty power, mercy mild
Will carry home this trusting child.
Oh, may I rest within His wrap
Until He leads the final lap.
c2017 by Linda Ann Nickerson

Image:
Adapted by this user from vintage artwork.


This poem was posted in response to these prompts:
April A to Z Blog Challenge
National Poetry Writing Month / NaPoWriMo
Simply Snickers: “confidante” and “confident”
#atozchallenge
#napowrimo

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment