Tuesday

Intruding on an Introvert



Nomads never know when numbers enlarge.

“Ahoy! Who goes there? Reel us in.”
The eager skipper shouts again.
I bite the dust,
Although I must
Hospitably respond. Chagrin!

I shudder, as the boat he guides.
Too early were the changing tides.
Inside I know
I’d rather go
Where downsized company resides.

In bygone times, I loved a crowd.
I welcomed chatter, long and loud.
It seems of late
I hesitate,
I’d rather walk the row unplowed.

The landing party steps ashore.
My island’s teeming with their corps.
Halt my routine;
I’ll bear the scene,
Till they embark a-sea once more.
c2017 by Linda Ann Nickerson

Image:
Adapted by this user from vintage artwork.

This poem was posted in response to these prompts:
April A to Z Blog Challenge
National Poetry Writing Month / NaPoWriMo
ABC Wednesday: “N” is for “nomads,” “never,” and “numbers”
Meme Express: “downsized”
Six-Word Saturday: See subtitle.


#atozchallenge
#napowrimo
#SoCS


Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.

2 comments:

  1. Nomad came up twice so far this wek; interesting.
    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Roger wrote... intriguing wordchoice for n. Lovely poem.

    Have a nice ABC-day / -week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)
    http://melodymusic.nl/20-n/

    ReplyDelete