Monday

Poetic Ponderings on the A to Z Blogging Challenge


Having completed a full month of alphabetically titled posts for the A to Z Blogging Challenge in April, bloggers are posting reflections today.

Here on Nickers and Ink, I picked 26 classic poems to match the A to Z dates for the 2012 blogging festival.

Last year, I wrote 26 original poems, as I participated in National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo). You can find links to last year’s A to Z poems at the end of each of this year’s blog posts throughout the month of April.

This year, during the April A to Z Challenge, I decided to honor great poets instead.

Did you catch all of these valuable verses from famous poets?
  1. A is for Annabel Lee
  2. B is for A Bird Came Down
  3. C is for Chamomile Tea
  4. D is for Do Not Go Gentle
  5. E is for Everybody Tells Me Everything
  6. F is for Fragment
  7. G is for Good Friday
  8. H is for How Doth the Little Crocodile
  9. I is for It Is a Beauteous Evening
  10. J is for Joy
  11. K is for The Kiss of Cure
  12. L is for Lilting Lullabye
  13. M is for My Native Land
  14. N is for Next, Please
  15. O is for One from One Leaves Two
  16. P is for A Poison Tree
  17. Q is for Quiet Girl
  18. R is for The Road Not Taken
  19. S is for Still I Rise
  20. T is for The Triple Fool
  21. U is for Us Too
  22. V is for The Village Blacksmith
  23. W is for Where Art Thou, Muse
  24. X is for eXiled
  25. Y is for Ye Flowery Banks
  26. Z is for Zaccheus
How many of these poems did you recognize? Which were your favorites? Did any of these verses bring back high school or college English class memories?

A to Z Blogging Challenge finishers: 
You are welcome to use this badge, 
created by Working in Words, 
if you wish. 
As a courtesy, 
if you do! 
Thank you.

Personally, I finished the 2012 April A to Z Blogging Challenge with six sites:


Here’s how it feels to reach the finish line!

Whee, A to Z!

I love to read.
I love to rhyme.
With words I need
In verse to chime.

A month of lines
Has filled my heart
With symbols, signs,
Like Archer’s dart.

Rekindled muse,
It reappears.
As themes transfuse,
Verse volunteers.

From A to Z,
And Z to A,
A month-long spree
Sets words a-play.

The race may end,
And writers rest.
But words unpenned
Will be expressed.

c2012 by Linda Ann Nickerson

Image/s:  
A to Z April Challenge Survivor badge
 by co-host Jeremy
at Retro-Zombie – used by permission
A to Z 2012 Checkered Flag 
created by Linda Ann Nickerson
for Working in Words
A to Z Blogging Challenge 2012 logo
Fair Use
 
Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulation on finishing the challenge. During the challenge I didn't visit as many blogs as I would like to but, cross my heart, I'm visiting every single one with the reflection post! I am so glad my journey brought me here.

    Evalina, This and that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chose poetry as my theme for the challenge too! I wrote (or linked back to) a poem on a range of topic such as pandora's box, Adam eve and the apple tree and even frogs! Please check it out :)

    Amy
    amydot90.wordpress.com
    @AmyRichardson7

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. Wonderful accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked your poem about the Challenge. It's amazing how the challenge has influenced all of us to a certain degree! I loved your post - thank you for sharing!

    Roadtrip: On my way from A all the way to Z!
    English Speaking Zone

    ReplyDelete