Friday

Grime and Grace


God gave Moses the Ten Commandments to guide the people and to show them their need of God's help and mercy. The Ten Commandments are recorded in the Bible in Exodus 20.

I wonder . . . how have I done? Has my life honored or dishonored the Lord?

Grime and Grace A Poetic Pause on the Top Ten Laws

I've stumbled into things obscene;
No steaming bath can make me clean.
My fine appearance, a smokescreen,
Pretending Heavenly hygiene.

For each Commandment, I have spurned;
Resolved for good and then returned.
Where righteousness may be concerned,
I cannot say I've lived and learned.

1.
Loving God above the rest?
That has been a daily test.

2.
Idol worship, claiming stuff?
I never seem to have enough.

3.
Using God's great name in vain?
Perhaps I said a word profane.

4.
Keeping Sunday set apart?
My calendar is torn apart.

There's more! Want to read the rest of "Grime and Grace"? Click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment