Wednesday

Making Up Time


Has multi-tasking become our master? Why do we seem to be fighting time and traffic every day? Sometimes, only a crash course can teach us how to focus on the here and now.

Making Up Time
An Advisory Ode: Keep Your Eyes on the Road

"Time is the coin of your life.
It is the only coin you have,
And only you can determine how it will be spent.
Be careful, lest you let other people spend it for you."
Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)


Rushed for work and out of gas,
With no time for the looking glass,
I snatched my keys and headed out
To face the daily knockabout.

I tossed my briefcase in the trunk
And grabbed a mug and roll to dunk.
I turned the corner at full tilt,
And raced my neighbor out in guilt.

Somehow, I zipped through every light.
Perhaps I'd make it; I just might.
My hopes were raised then, just a smidge,
Until I saw the tollway bridge.

There's more! Want to read the rest of "Making Up Time," and find out what happens next? Click here! The best part is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment