Friday

Toned Out - Rhyming Offhand on Music That's Canned



Having just returned from the dentist today, I have a sudden urge to share this poem. Somehow, it seems timely! Read on, and you will soon see what I mean.

Toned Out

This music makes my molars hurt,
Envisioning a crisp white shirt,
A misting spray, cold air to spurt,
The drill approaching, "Pain alert!"

I faintly recognize the song,
Although the voice does not belong,
A rap, turned mellow; it's just wrong.
Someone ought to get the gong!

We're climbing to the seventh floor,
For ladies wear and shoes galore,
With background melodies a-roar
That make me want to run next door.

I cannot stand one more refrain,
My incisors are racked with pain.
I'll call my dentist, and complain
For auditory Novocain!

Want to read more? Click here for "Toned Out." You can also subscribe to this author's content, so you won't miss a single post.

No comments:

Post a Comment