Friday

Headlines & Deadlines - The Editor's Life and Strife

Writers pour their souls into their work. What does life look like from the other side of the desk? Here's a peek inside the editor's office.

Headlines and Deadlines
An Editor's Day on Poetic Display


My sky-blue pencil's poised to strike,
Deleting phrasings I dislike,
Another author's dreams to spill,
Conforming copy to my will.

I'm cropping photos, fitting art,
Tearing out a writer's heart,
Counting out each column inch
And adding fillers in a pinch.

Want to read more?
Click here to read the entire piece: "Headlines and Deadlines."
You can also subscribe to this author's work, so you will not miss a single post!

read more | digg story

2 comments:

  1. Very impressive! You will go far with your one-of-a-kind original content. Best of luck!! Hit me up if you need Blogger help.

    waxingpoetic75@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about hitting the nail on the head. Sounds like what I'm doing, to much editing and not enough submitting.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete