Tuesday

Fair Warning – A Poetic Tense on Style Sense




Fair Warning –
A Poetic Tense on Style Sense

A young police force lives with me;
And misdemeanor finds.
They point out fashion ills with glee,
This posse of designs.

My wardrobe is behind the time;
My children tell me so.
The clothes I wear commit a crime,
Most everywhere I go.

“No Trespassing,” this sign they hold,
When I am getting dressed.
These deputies, though they be bold,
My closet, they arrest.

If children cannot tell the truth,
Then who else can I trust?
For they are innocent in youth,
Though my attire, they bust.

It’s time to clear the closet out;
We’re heading for the shops.
One thing is sure, without a doubt,
My kids are fashion cops.
c2008 by Linda Ann Nickerson

(Written upon request of Two for Tuesdays “truth” and “sign” prompt.)



Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute!

    I have one fashionista daughter - she will definitely be policing my wardrobe as she gets older!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny... i fear they would lock me up and throw away the key!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, this!

    BTW, I wrote a review about book titled Shop your Closet.

    To reach my other blog, click on my name!

    signs of truth

    ReplyDelete