Thursday

Sew Regrets


-->
Sew Regrets
(Although this may be pushing the issue a bit . . . )

Denim Deluxe –
Limericked Rants on a Shared Pair of Pants

If I were a seamstress with skills like my aunt’s,
Adept with a needle and thread at a glance,
I’d sew jeans so strong,
We’d pass them along,
And we could all fly by the seat of our pants.

I’d stitch in some stretch, so the trousers would fit
My circle of friends in the spots where they sit.
The large and the lean
And those in-between
Would wear them in turn, and the seams would not split.

These jeans through adventure we gladly would wear
In comedy, tragedy, fashion and flair.
We’d each take a turn
To linger and learn
While wearing and sharing a single sweet pair.
c2009 by Linda Ann Nickerson

Posted for a variety of prompts:
AC (A favorite movie)
Inspire Me Thursday (“push”)
Meme Express (“comedy,” “tragedy” or “history”)
Poetic Asides (April P.A.D. Challenge: “regret”)
Read Write Poem (NaPoWriMo – Pick a different hat, lifestyle or career)

Image:
public domain art

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.

3 comments:

  1. How cute! I love how you tie this in to Sisterhood of Traveling Pants! :)

    I enjoyed reading this. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely belong to the sisterhood of fly by the seat of your pants! Great job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. It would be nice if it could be done, but unfortunately many people would have to just push themselves into those pants.

    ReplyDelete