Thursday

Just Joy



I’ll here admit it: Life is tough.
Some days I think I’ve had enough.
Although I know it’s all been planned.
It’s hard to get the upper hand.

When circumstance goes ‘gainst the grain,
And daily drudgery does drain,
I hearken back, which takes a choice,
To listen to another voice.


 Ridiculous as it may sound,
Truth is, the downcast will be crowned.
When wrong’s removed and right is raised,
I know who will be ever praised.

Today is hard. There is no doubt.
I’m tempted to prolong my pout.
But I will hold my ground, prevail.
For happiness to joy does pale.
c2018 by Linda Ann Nickerson

Image:
Theme art – adapted from public domain image
Still from Cleopatra, 1917

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment