Friday

Flying Figs



My friend's fictitious, absolute.
She’s telling tales with bitter fruit.
I’m not sure why she’s singled me;
Perhaps we simply disagree.

Her lips, she puckers like a prune
To sing her altercating tune.
My closest chums dodge her debates.
Their daybooks fill with other dates.

 
We aim for higher raisin d’etre.
And so her stories we’ll forget.
I know that I could flip my wig,
But I don’t give a flying fig.
c2018 by Linda Ann Nickerson



Image:
Theme art – adapted from public domain image
Still from Calamity Jane, 1953

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.

1 comment:

  1. visiting from A to Z! I laughed out loud when I read "her lips, she puckers like a prune" because my husband had an aunt (long deceased) who always had that expression!!

    ReplyDelete