Saturday

Practically Furniture


(For a Mad Kane “furniture” prompt and a One Single Impression “pet” prompt)


Practically Furniture –
A Limericked Fete on a Favorite Pet

Our sweet retriever, we concur,
Is practically furniture.
In rays of sun,
She comes undone,
And ever sleeps without a stir.

Her golden tumbleweeds roll by,
Beneath the sofa multiply,
Without a care,
She lounges there,
Until a shadow makes her cry.

At such, she jumps to full alert,
And barks her head off, as if hurt,
If wind should blow
Or folks tiptoe,
For now her hearing does desert.

A wary watchdog, she is not.
Protective skills she has forgot.
But she can yelp
And cry for help,
And raise a ruckus all for naught.

Related items:

Big Dogs vs. Little Dogs

Doggie-Bag Digest

Eye Openers

Gloria’s Gardener

Head First

He’s a Dog

The Real Golden Girl

Safety Tips for Dog Walkers

Traveling With or Without Pets

What Foods Can Harm Your Dog?


Love poetry? Check out Simply Snickers, a brand-new weekly poetry prompt. Try your hand with weekly prompts!

Click here to visit Linda Ann Nickerson’s poetry and humor blog, Nickers and Ink.

Click here to subscribe to an RSS feed for this writer's helpful Helium content. If you wish, click here for a free subscription to this author's online AC content, so you won't miss a single post!

Add to Technorati Favorites

7 comments:

  1. I like this. I like the doggie tumbleweeds under the sofa, too! I can relate to that. This is lovely and fun. Thanks.
    Writing in Faith: Poems

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem is too cute! I have a great big rottweiler and he spends more time on the sofa then we do.

    I have written a senryu and posted it at my place:
    http://bevies-place.livejournal.com/27370.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this, I love the idea of dogs being furniture~ as my dog often offers himself as a pillow for me to rest upon.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so sweet Linda! LOVE the kitty and doggie photo at the end. My kind of great friendship. Well done.

    www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's fun - I'd never thought of our rabbit as furniture..., possibly a cushion...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your poem its really nice. You have a great site here. I invite you to lets exchange blog links I will add you onto Dotblogger and you add me here and also add me to your technorati favorites and subscribe to my feeds and I will do the same just go to http://dotblogger.blogspot.com and cliock on the buttons Let me know.

    ReplyDelete