Tuesday

Breaking camp: Nature fit or moonlit split?




“We can never have enough of nature.”
Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Breaking camp: Nature fit or moonlit split?

I’d pitch a fit before a tent,
For camping’s not my bag.
And hey, now, campfires’ smoky scent
My sinuses does drag.

‘Neath stars above with outback’s sound,
Strong is the draw for friends.
But sleeping roll on cot or ground,
No restful slumber lends.

As creatures buzz and growl and hoot,
I shudder in my spot.
Determined nature to salute,
Resilient I am not.

Though powerful its beauty shows,
Distinct its wonders hold,
The forceful wilderness, it knows
I’m left out in the cold.

No pioneer of rugged bent,
Of comforts I’ll not brag.
I’d pitch a fit before a tent,
For camping’s not my bag.
c2016 by Linda Ann Nickerson





This poem was posted in response to these prompts:

31 Days of Poetry and Writing: Write about a place beyond home where you woke up. (12)
31 Writing Prompts: What do you think of when you see a fire? (12)
Meme Express: “hey, now”
Meme Express: “sleeping”
OctPoWriMo: “strong” – with “resilient,” “powerful,” “distinct,” “forceful,” and “determined” – POET’S CHOICE (12)


#OctPoWriMo  
Image/s:
Adapted from public domain image –
Vintage photo
31 Days logo – created by this user,
including public domain artwork.

Feel free to follow on Google Plus and Twitter. Please visit my Amazon author page as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment